Saturday, January 30, 2010

"The Cancer Journey" Essay Contest !!


Essay Contest

In 2006, My beloved mother was diagnosed with Leukemia, which totally changed my life. Suddenly, I became my Mother's primary caregiver, while trying to work a full time job. In addition, I discovered a new challenge in just trying to keep her treatment care information, and appointments organized.
So, one night I decided to create a cancer organizer, which I presented to Mama
as a gift. Mama cried and used this book every day, as she battled this devastating disease. After the heartbreaking death of my mother, I thought that many newly diagnosed cancer patients may also benefit from the Medtrakker (Cancer Treatment Organizer).

In 2010, I decided to sponsor an essay contest called, "The Cancer Journey", which will allow one family every month to win a Medtrakker, who wouldn't normally be able to afford one. In order to enter the contest, patients and/or their family members will be asked to write a 500-1000 word essay about, "Why they or their loved one would benefit from owning a Medtrakker (Cancer Treatment Organizer)."

There will be an entry fee of $3.00 and all entries should be submitted electronically by visiting MedTrakker website and click on Essay Contest link from the home page. Submission of Essay's should be sent to info@medtrakker.com

I believe that a cancer diagnosis is extremely overwhelming for the patient and family members, not only because it brings an onslaught of emotions like fear and panic. However, it also comes with a whirlwind of procedures, tests, Dr. Appointments, Insurance Claims and so much more.
The Medtrakker can be used to eliminate confusion, costly duplicate tests and to keep all of the patient's essential medical information in, just in case they travel. Also, this will become a vital resource during the loved ones journey with cancer and a keepsake for the devastated family.

The essay contest logo.
Credit: Amber Bowden | © Amber Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment